We encourage all Military Veterans to apply!
Baker Creek is our residential treatment facility, serving clients with co-occuring mental health and substance use diagnoses. We are searching for a Clinician/Case Manager to join their team. The Co-Occurring RTF Clinician is responsible for the overall care of individuals with co-occurring mental health and substance use diagnoses seeking behavioral health services in a residential treatment setting
- Ability to obtain Agency Affiliated Certification (AAC) upon hire
- Direct work and/or volunteer experience with individuals experiencing behavioral health needs or with individuals with similar human-service’s needs.
- Must be willing to provide outreach services, which may at times require use of car and/or driving requirements
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team approach;
- Ability to apply a Recovery based approach and to apply clinical knowledge;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion;
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Preferably Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral sciences or related field, or Associate of Arts with at least two (2) years’ experience in mental health or related field working with serious and persistent mentally ill adults.
Visual and auditory skills required to communicate, to ensure and deliver client care, and to provide legal documentation of care; Requires frequent standing, bending at the knees and waist, kneeling and reaching; Requires frequent walking to accomplish tasks; Requires ability to lift 30 pounds. Requires ability to climb stairs independently.
Employment contingent on successful background check and Washington State counseling profession credential issued by the Department of Health (e.g. Agency Affiliated Counselor).
Why Work for Lake Whatcom Center?
LWC is a DSHS licensed not-for-profit organization providing an array of residential and community mental health services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness. We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and their ability to meet their goal of Recovery. We are a fast-growing service, and committed to creating a supportive and positive environment for all our employees.
LWC offers competitive salaries along with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance (paid by LWC for full-time employees)
- Dental (paid by LWC)
- Life Insurance (paid by LWC, additional available for purchase)
- Long-term Disability (paid by LWC)
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Pay
- Paid Sick Leave
- Premium Pay for Holidays Worked
- Floating Holidays
- Annual Base Pay Increases
- Generous Comp Time for Exempt Positions
Lake Whatcom Center & our COVID response:
LWC has been a reliable employer during the COVID pandemic. We have not reduced hours or laid off staff and have taken significant steps to protect our employees and clients. During the last year, we have paid significant bonuses and increased the base pay for all staff, partly in appreciation for the excellent teamwork and commitment to our clients. We have provided flexibility in scheduling and invested substantial resources in personal protective equipment. We are proud of the fact that we were one of the first agencies to recognize the challenges presented, and in our agility in responding quickly to changing circumstances. We believe we will come out of the COVID pandemic stronger than other, and attribute that to our dedication to our core values.
LWC is a tobacco-free and scent-free workplace. LWC is an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to an Affirmative Action Program and enhancing the diversity of our staff. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, religion, creed, marital status, ancestral heritage, sexual orientation, Vietnam Era Veteran status, or the presences on any physical, mental and/or sensory disability. If accommodations are needed for participating in the application or interview process, please feel free to let us know.
Please visit www.lwrtc.org to download and complete our application packet.
Job Closes: When filled