Property Management Assistant
We encourage all military veterans to apply!
Lake Whatcom Center is searching for a Property Management Assistant. This is a 30 hour per week position to start, becoming a full time position working Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm, beginning in April. This position reports directly to the Facilities Supervisor/Landlord.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage maintenance phone line and email address
- Contact tenants for maintenance and other housing related concerns
- Complete housing intake assessments and interviews with clients as needed
- Track spending for apartment turnovers
- Manage apartment keys
- Meet with tenants as needed to sign paperwork, discuss questions/concerns, etc.
- Assist with property inspections and complete inspection reports
- Update, scan/fax/file tenant records in a variety of programs
- Complete documents for lease signings and subsidy program compliance
- Attend team meetings and represent housing program
- Post notices at apartments
- Requires standing for long period of time and repetitive movement.
- Current State issued driver’s license and experience in driving in adverse weather conditions.
- Acceptable driving record and ability to be covered by LWC insurance carrier.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to self-direct.
- The ability to direct and manage others in an accommodative and respectful way to accomplish work activities within a strict deadline.
- Good verbal and written communication skills: visual and auditory skills required to communicate and to ensure the delivery of contract services.
- Basic computer skills including ability to using email, internet and word-processing.
- Must be able to pass federal and state background checks.
Why work for Lake Whatcom Center?
LWC is a DSHS licensed not-for-profit organization providing an array of residential and community mental health services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness. We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and their ability to meet their goal of Recovery. We are a fast-growing service, and committed to creating a supportive and positive environment for all our employees.
LWC offers competitive salaries along with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance (paid by LWC for full-time employees)
- Dental (paid by LWC)
- Life Insurance (paid by LWC, additional available for purchase)
- Long-term Disability (paid by LWC)
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Pay
- Paid Sick Leave
- Premium Pay for Holidays Worked
- Floating Holidays
- Annual Base Pay Increases
- Generous Comp Time for Exempt Positions
$16.36- $18.17 per hour (DOE)
Please forward all completed applications to HR@lwrtc.org or to 3600 Meridian Street, Bellingham, WA 98225
LWC is an Equal Opportunity employer; we are committed to an Affirmative Action Program and enhancing the diversity of our staff. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, creed, marital status, ancestral heritage, sexual orientation, Vietnam Era Veteran status, or the presences on any physical, mental and or/sensory disability. If accommodations are needed for participating in the application or interview process, please feel free to let us know.
Download Job Application