Lake Whatcom Center – Human Resources Director
We encourage all military veterans to apply!
Only detailed resumes with an attached cover letter will be considered.
Lake Whatcom Center (LWC) is a DSHS licensed not-for-profit organization providing an array of residential and community mental health services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness. We are a fast-growing non-profit agency committed to creating a supportive and positive environment for all our employees.
We are seeking a Human Resources (HR) Director to provide overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the agencies human resource function in support of our mission to enhance quality of life and promote wellness and community inclusion for the people we serve through the delivery of integrated and compassionate care and human services.
The Human Resources Director is a member of the Agency’s Administrative Team. The Director is responsible for the human resources strategies of the Agency including Staffing, Performance Management, Benefits & Compensation, Training & Development, Worker’s Compensation, Succession Planning, Employee Relations, AA/EEO compliance, and HRIS.
- BA/BS degree with 5 + years progressive human resources experience
- Ability to build strong relationships across the agency
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, recruitment, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification strongly desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications, HRIS familiarity
- Excellent driving record, reliable vehicle, willingness to use personal vehicle to travel between agency facilities.
- Employment contingent on successful background check, including annual criminal history inquiries as required by DSHS for our business.
Why work for Lake Whatcom Center?
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and their ability to meet their goal of Recovery. LWC staff are integral to carrying out our vision and mission. In recognition for the contributions of our staff we offer competitive salaries along with a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Salary: Competitive depending upon experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (fully funded for full-time employees)
- Life & Long-term Disability Insurance
- Competitive vacation and sick leave
- Education Stipend
- Tuition Assistance
- Holiday premium pay
- Floating holidays
- Annual base pay increases
Lake Whatcom Center & our COVID response:
LWC has been a reliable employer during the COVID pandemic. We have not reduced hours or laid off staff and have taken significant steps to protect our employees and clients. During the last year, we have paid significant bonuses and increased the base pay for all staff, partly in appreciation for the excellent teamwork and commitment to our clients. We have provided flexibility in scheduling and invested substantial resources in personal protective equipment. We are proud of the fact that we were one of the first agencies to recognize the challenges presented, and in our agility in responding quickly to changing circumstances. We believe we will come out of the COVID pandemic stronger than other, and attribute that to our dedication to our core values.
LWC is a tobacco-free and scent-free workplace. LWC is an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to an Affirmative Action Program and enhancing the diversity of our staff. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, religion, creed, marital status, ancestral heritage, sexual orientation, Vietnam Era Veteran status, or the presences on any physical, mental and/or sensory disability. If accommodations are needed for participating in the application or interview process, please feel free to let us know.
Closes: When filled
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Download Job Application