Janitorial Program Crew Leader
We encourage military veterans to apply!
Closes: When filled
Reply to: HR at lwrtc.org
LWC is seeking a Janitorial Program Crew Leader to provide on the job training, workplace accommodations, supervision of crew members and mentorship to disabled employees hired under the Special Minimum Wage certificate. The Crew Leader is responsible for maintaining an exceptional level of cleanliness and orderliness at contracted buildings.
AA degree, preferably BA, and at least 1 year experience working with chronically mentally ill adults; preferably, experience working on federal contracts, and/or providing/overseeing janitorial services in an office environment. Experience and/or training in the Janitorial / Custodial profession, including knowledge of cleaning machines and tools used to fulfill cleaning contracts, including their designs, uses, light-repair and maintenance. This equipment includes carpet extractors, floor polishers, buffer and automatic floor scrubbers. Ability to perform general physical activities involved in cleaning which include: stooping, twisting, crouching and bending. Ability to move and lift heavy objects a minimum of 50lb.
- Requires standing for long period of time and repetitive movement.
- Current State issued driver’s license and experience in driving in adverse weather conditions.
- Acceptable driving record and ability to be covered by LWC insurance carrier.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to self-direct.
- The ability to direct and manage others in an accommodative and respectful way to accomplish work activities within a strict deadline.
- Good verbal and written communication skills: visual and auditory skills required to communicate and to ensure the delivery of contract services.
- Basic computer skills including ability to using email, internet and word-processing.
- Must be able to pass federal and state background checks.
20-30 Hours per week
Mondays and Wednesdays: 4:15 pm to 9pm
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 4:15pm to 8pm
Fridays: 4:45pm to 12am
Why work for Lake Whatcom Center?
LWC is a DSHS licensed not-for-profit organization providing an array of residential and community mental health services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness. We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and their ability to meet their goal of Recovery. We are a fast-growing service, and committed to creating a supportive and positive environment for all our employees.
LWC is a tobacco-free and scent-free workplace. LWC is an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to an Affirmative Action Program and enhancing the diversity of our staff. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, religion, creed, marital status, ancestral heritage, sexual orientation, Vietnam Era Veteran status, or the presences on any physical, mental and/or sensory disability. If accommodations are needed for participating in the application or interview process, please feel free to let us know.
Please visitwww.lwrtc.org to download and complete our application packet.
Download Job Application