PACT CD Specialist
Pay: $21.72-$26.17/hr. DOE
Closes: When Filled
We encourage all military veterans to apply!
LWC is seeking a PACT CD Specialist. The CD Specialist has the responsibility to work with the PACT multidisciplinary team under the supervision of the Supervisor, to provide and coordinate substance use staging assessment, treatment planning, and service delivery tailored to the individual needs of clients with dual disorders of mental illness and substance use.
At least one year of training in substance abuse assessment and treatment, or one year of supervised experience and 40 hours of training in substance abuse assessment and treatment specifically. Two years’ experience working with co-occurring population. CDP or CDP-T eligible preferred. Willing to assume designated responsibility to provide and coordinate substance abuse assessment alongside stage of change assessment, treatment planning, and service delivery tailored to the individual needs of clients with dual disorders of mental illness and substance use.
CD Specialist Role Duties and Responsibilities
- Take the lead role in providing substance use education, resource referral, and support services
- Utilize MI and IDDT training and material to build rapport, educate and support clients with dual diagnosis
- Provide individual and group counseling in office and community settings in a stage-based treatment model that is non-confrontational, considers interactions of mental illness and substance abuse, and has client-determined goals
- Coordinate with community resources and outside inpatient services to detoxify clients and establish linkage to outpatient treatment, self-help/peer-support programs (e.g. 12-step programs, Celebrate Recovery, SMART Recovery, Dual Recovery)
- Take a lead role or participate in the provision of rehabilitation services
Why work for Lake Whatcom Center?
LWC is a DSHS licensed not-for-profit organization providing an array of residential and community mental health services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness. We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and their ability to meet their goal of Recovery. We are a fast-growing service, and committed to creating a supportive and positive environment for all our employees.
LWC offers competitive salaries along with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance (fully funded for full-time employees)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life & Long-term Disability Insurance
- Competitive vacation and sick leave
- Holiday premium pay
- Floating holidays, and
- Annual base pay increases
LWC is a tobacco-free and scent-free workplace. LWC is an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to an Affirmative Action Program and enhancing the diversity of our staff. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, religion, creed, marital status, ancestral heritage, sexual orientation, Vietnam Era Veteran status, or the presences on any physical, mental and/or sensory disability. If accommodations are needed for participating in the application or interview process, please feel free to let us know.
Please visit www.lwrtc.org to download and complete our application packet.
Download Job Application