Registered Nurse (RN) – Sign-On/Retention Bonus!
Reply to: HR@lwrtc.org Closes: When filled
We encourage all military veterans to apply!
Up to $5000.00 sign-on/retention commitment bonus available!
LWC is seeking a full-time Registered Nurse for our Agate Heights residential facility. This position works during the week (no weekends) and can potentially be 5 8-hours shifts, or 4 10-hour shifts.
The Agate Heights ALF RN is an exempt position under the supervision of the Residential Supervisor. The RN is responsible for the daily operations of medical services at Agate Heights Assisted Living Facility (ALF). The RN is responsible for conducting brief cognitive and behavioral health assessments, assesses residents’ physical health needs, and makes referrals to community physicians when indicated. The RN also provides a range of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services, including management and administration of medication in conjunction with the psychiatrist and Medical Team.
- Master’s, Bachelor’s or associate degree in nursing
- Licensed as a registered nurse per Washington State RCW 18.79.030(1)
- Ability to work cooperatively, in a team approach, and demonstration of respect and dignity in all interactions.
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record and ability to be covered by LWC insurance carrier.
- Employment is contingent on successful background check.
- Advanced knowledge regarding adults with major mental illness.
- Good organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills along with experience doing clinical/medical documentation using an Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to apply a Recovery based approach and to apply clinical knowledge;
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion;
- Visual and auditory skills required to communicate, to ensure and deliver client care, and to provide documentation of care;
- Requires frequent standing, bending at the knees and waist, kneeling and reaching; Requires frequent walking to accomplish tasks;
- Requires ability to lift 50 pounds. Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record and ability to be covered by LWC insurance carrier. Employment is contingent on successful background check.
Why work for Lake Whatcom Center?
LWC is a DSHS licensed not-for-profit organization providing an array of residential and community mental health services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness. We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and their ability to meet their goal of Recovery. We are a fast-growing service, and committed to creating a supportive and positive environment for all our employees.
LWC offers competitive salaries along with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance (fully funded for full-time employees)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life & Long-term Disability Insurance
- Competitive vacation and sick leave
- Holiday premium pay
- Floating holidays, and
- Annual base pay increases
Lake Whatcom Center & our COVID response:
LWC has been a reliable employer during the COVID pandemic. We have not reduced hours or laid off staff and have taken significant steps to protect our employees and clients. During the last year, we have paid significant bonuses and increased the base pay for all staff, partly in appreciation for the excellent teamwork and commitment to our clients. We have provided flexibility in scheduling and invested substantial resources in personal protective equipment. We are proud of the fact that we were one of the first agencies to recognize the challenges presented, and in our agility in responding quickly to changing circumstances. We believe we will come out of the COVID pandemic stronger than other, and attribute that to our dedication to our core values.
LWC is a tobacco-free and scent-free workplace. LWC is an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to an Affirmative Action Program and enhancing the diversity of our staff. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, national origin, gender identity, age, religion, creed, marital status, ancestral heritage, sexual orientation, Vietnam Era Veteran status, or the presences on any physical, mental and/or sensory disability. If accommodations are needed for participating in the application or interview process, please feel free to let us know.
Please visit www.lwrtc.org to download and complete our application packet.
- Compensation: $30.56-$44.18/Hr. DOE
- Closes: When filled