Pay: $22.25-$30.00 Hourly DOE
Eligible for sign-on and retention bonuses up to $10,000!
We encourage all military veterans to apply!
This position will perform clinical assessments, evaluations and provide DSM V diagnostics for adults who present with mental illness such as schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorders, bipolar disorder, major depression, personality disorders, concomitant anxiety and co-morbid substance use issues.
The Clinician/Therapist will also maintain a part-time caseload of clients with SMI-related issues and be able to interact with program case managers and supervisors in coordinating services and referrals
- Clinical Assessments (50-60%)
- Conduct initial clinical evaluations for adult populations
- Formulation of clinical diagnoses
- Utilize identified assessment instruments/tools
- Arrange referrals to external treatment domains or agencies as needed
- Therapy Services (40-50%)
- Conduct brief therapy (up to 6 months) with SMI populations
- Be familiar with or learn DBT, Motivational Interviewing and/or Illness Management Recovery models
- Communicate as needed and required with primary case managers, psychiatrists, supervisors and clinical director in order to maximize brief, intensive services and ensure client coordination of care
- Therapist duties include carrying a part-time caseload, at least one full day per week
- On-Call Duties (5%)
- Participate in on-call rotation with other mental health staff
- Have knowledge of or learn protocols for providing crisis-related mental health consultations
- Become familiar with electronic medication management software serving multiple agency locations
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Critical Thinking: Intake Clinicians must be able to understand potential client needs when presenting for intake in a less than optimum state of health and translate those needs into Functional Domains
- Attention to Detail: Intake Clinicians review large quantities of medical/mental health documentation and must be able to summarize details per each potential client
- Compassion: Intake Clinicians/Therapists see people during vulnerable times in their lives and must be or become knowledgeable about LWC’s recovery-based model
- Patience: Being patient with people who may have trouble communicating or understanding what is happening in their lives
- Communication Skills: Intake Clinicians/Therapists need to be good listeners and good speakers. Communicate with patients and their families and serve as the liaison between clients, medical and clinical staff and other caregivers.
- Organizational Skills: Intake clinicians interview multiple clients per day and must be efficient with note-taking, clinical narrative summaries and organization of large health record files
- Awareness of Washington State compliance guidelines for community mental health centers
- Become familiar with Less Restrictive Orders and court-related mandates
Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, Marriage & Family, Social Work or other relevant mental health-related field
Preferred: Licensure or working toward licensure, experience with DSHS, Department of Corrections, court systems, Medicaid, Medicare and other systems.
Qualification as an MHP or *Ability to attain MHP status within 30 days of hire
Three (3) years’ recent related experience providing treatment services to individuals who have substance abuse and mental health illness or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Why work for Lake Whatcom Center?
LWC is a DSHS licensed not-for-profit organization providing an array of residential and community mental health services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness. We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and their ability to meet their goal of Recovery. We are a fast-growing service, and committed to creating a supportive and positive environment for all our employees.
LWC offers competitive salaries along with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance (paid by LWC for full-time employees)
- Dental (paid by LWC)
- Life Insurance (paid by LWC, additional available for purchase)
- Long-term Disability (paid by LWC)
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Pay
- Paid Sick Leave
- Premium Pay for Holidays Worked
- Floating Holidays
- Annual Base Pay Increases
- Generous Comp Time for Exempt Positions
LWC is a tobacco-free and scent-free work environment. LWC is an Equal Opportunity employer; we are committed to an Affirmative Action Program and enhancing the diversity of our staff. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, creed, marital status, ancestral heritage, sexual orientation, Vietnam Era Veteran status, or the presences on any physical, mental and or/sensory disability. If accommodations are needed for participating in the application or interview process, please feel free to let us know.
Please visit www.lwrtc.org to download and complete our application packet.
Submit application packet to: HR, 3600 Meridian Street Bellingham, WA 98225
Download Job Application