Lake Whatcom Center’s employment services program offers assistance in determining employability, employment exploration and preparation, job placement, and job retention. Our Supported Employment Specialists will create an individualized job and career development plan for each client.
Key Components and services:
- personal career goals and desired outcomes of the client
- assessment of work history, skills and education
- preparation skills
- assistance in locating employment opportunities
- outreach and job coaching
- long term support in a normalized or integrated work site
- working with other resources in the community
The pre-employment program includes assessment, development and improvement of general work skills as well as interviewing, writing resumes and completing applications.