Supporting Recovery

Empowering Growth

Providing Behavioral Health Services to the Bellingham and surrounding communities

Lake Whatcom Residential and Treatment Center (LWC), is a DSHS and DOH licensed not-for-profit organization providing an array of residential and community mental health services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness in Whatcom County and surrounding communities.

Understanding the most severe and persistent mental illness means meeting the clients’ needs and understanding their ability to meet their goal of recovery. This is the foundation of care that clients receive at LWC.  Clients are provided assistance with housing, employment and education, financial and legal issues, psychiatric and medical care, and social and personal growth.

“It feels so healing just to be here. The atmosphere here is wonderful.”

— LWC Staff Member

Our Services

Residential Services

24-hour supervised living programs specialize in clients who wish to transition into the community as well as those who require long-term care. Lake Whatcom Center owns multiple Assisted Living Facilities for persons with co-occurring mental health and substance use diagnoses.

Clinical Services

Lake Whatcom Center’s clinical programs offer individualized support for people with chronic mental illness to reach treatment outcomes and goals. With both home and community-based treatment programs, team members work together to provide intensive, coordinated and integrated care. We value and recognize each person’s uniqueness and diversity, and meet them where they are in their journey through recovery.

Independent Living

Lake Whatcom Center operates eight apartment complexes providing safe and affordable housing in the community. Most of our apartments are two bedroom and are therefore shared with a roommate. All apartments are completely furnished and supplied with all kitchen utensils, linens and small appliances. Lake Whatcom Center works with community parners to help clients with rental assistance and subsidies.

LWC’s purpose is to provide residential care, community outpatient mental health programs, and treatment in a psycho-social rehabilitation model for chronically mentally ill adults to facilitate their achieving and maintaining an optimal level of independence, health, and fulfillment.

Don’t think you can afford care? Learn about our Sliding Fee Scale Discount Program

“I didn’t know what to expect, but when I saw the woods and trees, I was sold. I knew it was my home.”

— Agate Heights Resident Client

Address Book

• Orchard Outpatient Office

3600 Meridian St.
    Bellingham, WA 98225

Front Desk: (360) 676 - 6000

• Agate Heights Boarding Home

3400 Agate Heights Rd.
    Bellingham, WA 98226

Phone: (360) 676 - 7530

• Baker Creek Facility

1641 Baker Creek Pl.